How to Quit Like a Pro with HR Guru Kristen Lampkin
Changing jobs? Hear from HR Guru Kristen Lampkin on how to quit your job like a pro.
- You always want to resign gracefully regardless of how your employer has treated you.
- Make sure your new opportunity is finalized and official
- Know what you are going to say
- Go directly to your manager
- Put your resignation in writing
- The date of the last day you plan to work (recommendation is 2-week notice)
- A short explanation of why you are resigning
- A few words of thanks
- Leave on a high note by sharing information with your leader and/or colleagues about your projects and clients.